[SlugBug] Ubuntu Linux

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Sun Oct 3 20:15:07 BST 2004

Quoting Pete Collier <pecb at nildram.co.uk>:

> I have downloaded and installed this distro on a second hard drive.
> Interesting that your root password is your first user password. If you open
>
> firefox the home page has links to this root password problem.

This is a feature not a bug!

from what I read, root is disabled and you use sudo to perform root tasks.  Of
course you can alter this.. its Linux after all.

This is similar to the situation on Mac OS X, where root is disabled also.

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/faq/helpcenterfaq.2004-09-15.5722653677

AED
--
"The long revolution is creating small federated microsocieties, true guerilla

 cells practising and fighting for this self-management. Effective radicality
 authorises all variations and guarantees every freedom. "