[SlugBug] Ubuntu Linux

Pete Collier pecb at nildram.co.uk
Sun Oct 3 05:36:14 BST 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 15:29, David Leadbeater wrote:
> There's quite an interesting new Linux distribution at
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/, I've ordered some CDs so
> if anyone is interested I'll have some to give out..
>
> It's basically a version of Debian but with more focus
> on making it usable by end users.

I have downloaded and installed this distro on a second hard drive.
Interesting that your root password is your first user password. If you open
firefox the home page has links to this root password problem. The default
apt sources tend to point to ubuntu's own sources, so quite a few what I
consider ordinary apps are missing. I assume that by adding debian souces,
apt will warn you off any installation problems.

Peter C