Meeting places and irc, was: Re: [SlugBug] Wiki, routing and the last / first meeting...

Bill Best bill at commedia.org.uk
Fri Feb 27 11:00:59 GMT 2004

Chris C wrote:

<snippetty snip>

> Good idea, I think that Access Space, acros the road from the pub
> which has a load of networked Mandrake machines might be a suitable
> place to meet, what do others think, should we drop them a line?

Access Space adamantly will *not* stay open after 7pm unless you pay
them cold cash money, I'm afraid - drop 'em a line and see...

The meeting was *officially* from 6pm-8pm - if you _choose_ to spend the
rest of the evening in't boozer supping mucky beer, well what can I
say...   :-D

So t'Rutland's still fine with me but in my work capacity, I'm honour
bound to give a plug to a 'sister' project of ours which is The Drum
community media centre based in the former NCPM building - they have
loadsa machines and a 2Mb leased line.

They don't actually have any Linux machines running yet 'cos they would
like to get LDAP working with Windoze Active Directory (I believe) but,
hey, this could be a project for SlugBug - kinda like a bootstrap
operation, innit!

Cheers

Bill