[SlugBug] Richard Ibbotson and sensorship at Sheflug

Richard Davies linux at tollyboy.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 23:17:04 BST 2004

On Tuesday 24 Aug 2004 12:00, Richard Davies wrote,

> Well, Richard Ibbotson replied to my post. Here is a link his reply:
> http://krom.meiring.org.uk/sheflug/mailarchive/2004/08/msg00104.html

> You'll notice that he did not answer a single one of my questions. Instead
> he repeated his unsubstantiated claims about Slugbug causing trouble and
> someone called Richard Stevenson having the authority to decide that there
> shall be no mention of it.

I Guess that Richard Stevenson is a guy in New Zealand who actually runs the
Sheflug discussion forum for the group. In the past I had huge problems
registering on the Sheflug list as they didn't like my e-mail address.
Richard Ibbotson tried to register me directly as I couldn't do it via the
site and eventually it turned out that someone in New Zealand was filtering
my address and deciding that I was an unfit person based purely on this. When
Richard Ibbotson found out he told me to get another e-mail address or leave.
I got another address but hardly any of my post made it to the list so I
left.

> I have sent two different replies, one each from two different addresses,
> making four posts in total over the course of today. Not one has reached
> the list. Other people's posts are getting through within a few minutes of
> being sent. It's therefore blindingly obvious that there's some censorship
> going on here.

I am so far as I know still on the Sheflug list but none of my posts have got
there for years now so the filtering is long term.

--
Regards

Richard