[SlugBug] apt for RedHat

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Wed Sep 10 01:33:23 BST 2003

On Tue 09-Sep-2003 at 10:47:38PM +0100, Gary Stimson wrote:

> What's the thinking behind using apt instead of redhat's rpm? Can
> you use both on the same system and are they compatible?

This is apt-for-rpm, it's just a more convenient way of downloading
RPMs.

You can use it for the standard redhat packages, plus there are lots
of extras in the various user-maintained repositories.

Freshrpms has up-to-date multimedia stuff like mplayer, gxine,
totem, mame etc..

I even maintain a _tiny_ apt/rpm repository for rh9:

    http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/apt/

--
Bruno