[SlugBug] Dynamic text and PHP

Jonathan jonathan at sirtis.org.uk
Tue Oct 28 16:28:34 GMT 2003

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> While it's quite easy to construct that table once you've got all the
> results, I don't see how you could populate it as you go along. You'd
> have to wait to have at least one live domain, one dead domain, and one
> unknown domain before you could have an HTML row.
 >
> So I guess you could have three lists (live, dead, unknown) and when all
> three list have at least one element, you remove each element from each
> list and you construct one table row.
>
> Then when you're done processing all the domains you construct the
> remaining rows.
>
> Unless it could be done with some CSS trickery?
> What do you think?

I was wonder if I could either redo the whole table with some kind of
document.write over the top or something else.

As for removing from rows, I wouldn't, I'd just:

if ( count($array1) > 0 ) {
     foreach ($array1 as $key) {
         print "$key<br>";
         }
     } else {
         print "&nbsp;"
     }

or whatever the relevant code turned out to be.

I decided to populate column-down with <br> rather than fiddle around
with <td> tags going row-across for an easy life.

The code is working fine, I'd just like to try and make it look like
it's doing something for when the non-techies use it and say "it's very
slow"

Regards,

Jonathan