[SlugBug] Dynamic text and PHP

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Tue Oct 28 16:10:46 GMT 2003

> For example:
>
> 1)
>
> |  Live Domains  |  Dead Domains  | Unknown Domains |
>
> 2)
>
> |  Live Domains  |  Dead Domains  | Unknown Domains |
> | sirtis.org.uk  |                |                 |
>
> 3)
>
> |  Live Domains  |  Dead Domains  | Unknown Domains |
> | sirtis.org.uk  |                |                 |
> | html.org.uk    |                |                 |
>
> 4)
>
> |  Live Domains  |  Dead Domains  | Unknown Domains |
> | sirtis.org.uk  |  weqwe.org.uk  |                 |
> | html.org.uk    |                |                 |
>
> 5)
>
> |  Live Domains  |  Dead Domains  | Unknown Domains |
> | sirtis.org.uk  |  weqwe.org.uk  |                 |
> | html.org.uk    |                |                 |
> | anywhere.com   |                |                 |
>

> And so on, so the table data is refreshed on each iteration of the loop
> checking the domain.

While it's quite easy to construct that table once you've got all the
results, I don't see how you could populate it as you go along. You'd
have to wait to have at least one live domain, one dead domain, and one
unknown domain before you could have an HTML row.

So I guess you could have three lists (live, dead, unknown) and when all
three list have at least one element, you remove each element from each
list and you construct one table row.

Then when you're done processing all the domains you construct the
remaining rows.

Unless it could be done with some CSS trickery?
What do you think?
--
Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/