[SlugBug] browsers

pault pault at burngreave.net
Wed Oct 1 10:48:57 BST 2003

Hi Buggers

So here I am six weeks into my linux odyssey and I'm going through browser
indecision.

I'm mostly working in Gnome coz KDE looks [really] crap at low res [but that'll
hopefully fixed later in the week].

Galeon: found to be flaky, higher incidence of pages not loaded. Quite like the
spartan interface.

Konqueror: being a K app, still doesn't look that good in Gnome. Behaves itself
largely though. Same KHTML engine as Safari on Mac OS X which I like.

Mozilla: what I'm using at the moment. Plug ugly and a complete resource hog.
Good HTML engine though. Bloated [why can't I turn off Chatzilla & Email &
Newsgroups & Addresses when I don't use them---or can I].

So I was looking on the Mozilla website and came across Firebird. This looks
like a possible solution, leaner, less bloated.

So I downloaded the tarball and expanded it, and now I'm stuck. Which is the
executable in the resultant "MozillaFirebird" directory? Doesn't seem to be any
readme on install instructions. Mmmmm.

pault
--
pault <mailto:pault at burngreave.net>