[SlugBug] Re: Suggestions

Matthew Collins matthew at janes.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 23:38:37 BST 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:15:53PM +0100, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> I can think of a few cases:

I've rearranged these a bit.

> * spamming the list

Spammers rarely come back. In the case of a real list member that is
spamming the list, see below.

> * posting hate speech
> * posting blatantly irrelevant information / stupid office jokes

A polite explination that these things are not welcome is usually
sufficient. In the case they're not, then more forcefull measures might
be needed.
Usually admin involvement is not nessesary.

> * saying that PHP is better than Perl ;-)

Well, some things are punishable by death :)

> In other words, Open != Bazaar. Bruno was talking about a distributed
> moderation system, and I was just trying to come up with a way of doing
> it.

I was trying to say that list moderation is usually a bad thing unless
you are trying to keep a list strictly on topic it's usually not
required.
Having multiple list admins is a good thing though.

> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel.

G'Night.