[SlugBug] Meeting Minutiae, Rules

Neil McGovern maulkin at halon.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 15:45:41 BST 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:39:27PM +0100, James Wallbank wrote:
> It seems as if the offer to host Slugbug meetings in Access Space is
> generally approved - though I notice a deciding factor was the proximity
> of a pub!

Geeks? Drinking beer? Never :P

> I'd suggest occasional Saturday afternoons. We're planning to have a
> Linux Install Fest on Saturdays about every six weeks or so, so perhaps
> sometimes these could be combined with Slugbugging. By aiming for a
> meeting time around, say, 5pm we could take advantage of Access Space's
> normal timetable, which is to close at 7pm. This would leave two
> possibilities:
>
> (1) The opportunity for Linux/BSD network experimentation without the
> need to maintain network uptime.
> (2) The opportunity for public house experimentation at the Rutland
> Arms, opposite, which has a very nice garden.
>
> Does Saturday afternoon sound a good meeting time?

Sounds good :P I'd avoid the 1st Saturday of each month though, as they
sorta belong to ShefLUG, and I know some people who would want to attend
both.

> Second - rules. They all sound very civilised to me. Just one thing,
> though. Sometimes we run Linux related workshops in Access Space which
> SlugBuggers might be interested in. I hope my drawing your attention to
> a URL where these workshops will be timetabled doesn't count as
> advertising!

With my list-admin hat on:
"Reduced rates and/or waiver of fee are available for Linux/BSD-related
advertisements. You must consult the list administrator in advance of
posting for any reduction or fee waiver."

So, if you post a link saying "This may be of interest to some members"
it will certainly be approved.
Something more blatent, for example: "Linux Co-lo servers for sale!! BUY
YOURS FOR $$$LOWLOW$$$" should be sent to slugbug-owner at email-lists.org
for approval.
If in doubt, e-mail us first :P

Cheers,