[SlugBug] esd -nobeeps

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Sun Aug 10 20:24:36 BST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 20:07, Neil McGovern wrote:
> Whenever I start Gnome on Debian (sid), esd -nobeeps starts up
> (v.0.2.29)

Which version of Gnome? I presume 2.2?

> It produces a nasty grating output every 0.5 secs.
> esd on it's own doesn't do this.

Not experienced this; in fact, my Gnome doesn't even start esd. Which
sound system are you running - Alsa?

You could try to change the startup of esd - it should be in Application
-> Desktop Preferences -> Advanced -> Sessions, in your Current Session
tab. If not, it's not Gnome starting it and you need to look at your X
scripts. From Sessions you should be able to change the way it's
started, or disable it completely.

Cheers,

Alex.