[SlugBug] CD Burning

J. J. Green j.j.green at vindaloo.uklinux.net
Sun Aug 10 12:35:32 BST 2003

Hi Richard

> The problem is they must be viewable on Linux, Windows and Apple.
>
> A quick google on Apple file systems turned up information but I am afraid I
> didn't understand it. The Mac on which these files are to be viewed is 10,000
> miles away so I can't just burn CDs and see if they work.

Should'nt be a problem -- data CDs have their own
file system (iso9660) and all OSs should be able to read
them. The only gotcha is that iso9660 only has 8.3 filnames
(like dos), so long filenames are handled by extentions of
the iso9660 standard, Rock-Ridge for unix, Joliet for Win*.
If you are using mkisofs(1) directly, use the -r and -J options
to enable both. If you use some graphical tool, then it should
have a check-box somewhere.

hope this helps

-j
--