[SlugBug] slugbug.org.uk - what do you want!?

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Fri Aug 8 16:32:21 BST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 16:15, James Mears wrote:
> Something like phpnuke would be great :-)

It's also ridden with security holes. I think the questions worth asking
are:

      * what should this site provide?
      * why will it do these things better than
        linuxuk.co.uk(RIP)/linux.co.uk/sheflug.org.uk/linux.org.uk/etc ?

> Ohh there I go... Top posting again.... (*slap wrists)

I hear there is an upgrade for Outlook to make it quote and forward
properly; I can't remember what it's called but if you search google you
should be able to find it.

> Is there anyway that we can have the reply address for the mailing list
> set as the reply address for posts?
> When I hit reply it always wants to reply to the original address of the
> sender and not the list ;-(

There are good arguments both ways for this. The usual default setup for
mailman lists is to not munge Reply-to:. The reason is that if you munge
reply-to, you can't actually send e-mail back to the author of the
message if you require. I have to say, I prefer the current setup - it
prevents you sending personal messages to the list unless you're a
complete spanner.

What you want is a mailer like the one I use (Evolution) which has
"Reply to List". The other solution is Reply to All, which you should
have already, but it is a bit messy.

Cheers,

Alex.