[SlugBug] Distro for P1 100 Mhz?

Graham Cox grahamcox at cwazy.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 16:37:01 BST 2003

In my flat at uni we had a 486 66MHz running a copy of Debian for about 2
years. The original hard drive that I used was 600MB, but because X wasn't
installed there was no trouble for disk space...
It wasn't until I started to get ambitious and put a news server/web cache
on the machine that I started to run out...

Depending on what you want the machine to do, you can pretty much tailor the
installation to fit within the space you've got easily enough...
--
Graham

On Friday, August 08, 2003 3:27 PM [GMT+0100=CET],
Chris Croome <chris at croome.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri 08-Aug-2003 at 10:09:15AM -0400, Kelvin1Michael at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Only 1Gb ( seemed qiute large back then !).
>
> You will have to go for a really small distro, I haven't
> used any of these, select 'Minimalist' using this form:
>
>   http://www.linux.org/dist/list.html
>
> Chris

---