[SlugBug] [m.dewar@sheffield.ac.uk: sound card - n00b question!!]

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Thu Aug 7 11:05:11 BST 2003

On Thu 07-Aug-2003 at 01:02:50AM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:

> I'm kind of stuck. In the same spirit I removed any trace of the
> soundcard from hwconf...

> So is there anyway I can reset Kudzu or whatever into thinking that
> there's a new sound card?

I've done this by editing the hwconf file, removing the entry and
running 'service kudzu start' - Though you've already done that.

> if not is there a way to manually install the sound card???

Sound has Just Worked for me on recent machines; but in the old
days, isapnp sound cards had to be configured with sndconfig:

    /usr/sbin/sndconfig

You might have to install the rh9 sndconfig rpm.

--
Bruno