[SlugBug] GPG problem

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 01:06:18 BST 2003

- and a copy for the list, since I didn't reply-to-list
On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 00:54, Chris Croome wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just created this:
>
>   http://chris.croome.net/foaf.rdf.asc
>
> It's a GPG sig to prove that this FOAF file was created by
> me:
>
>   http://chris.croome.net/foaf.rdf
>
> However when I try to check it I get this:
>
>   [chris at atomism html]$ gpg --check-sig foaf.rdf
>   gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
>   gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
>   gpg: error reading key: public key not found
>
> I have tried moving my pub key ring out of the way and
> doing a new import of my public key but that hasn't fixed
> it and I have also tried checking it as root and I get the
> same error...
>
> Anyone got any ideas? I expect that I'm doing something
> stupid...!
>
> Chris
>
> PS My pub key is here:
>
>    http://chris.croome.net/chris.croome.asc

A quick answer- I managed to verify that you (or someone) signed the
document. Though I used --verify rather than --check-sig. I get the same
error with --check-sig.

[allena28 at elsol allena28]$ gpg --verify foaf.rdf.asc foaf.rdf
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: Signature made Sat 02 Aug 2003 21:29:27 BST using DSA key ID 8BB2DE91
gpg: Good signature from "Chris Croome <chrisXwebarchitects.co.uk>"
gpg:                 aka "Chris Croome <chrisXcroome.net>"
gpg:                 aka "Chris Croome <chrisXmkdoc.com>"
gpg:                 aka "Chris Croome <chrisXmarxists.org.uk>"
gpg:                 aka "[jpeg image of size 5136]"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 977F 6666 953B 1AA7 07E3  FB5D 2106 2CC4 8BB2 DE91

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk