[Shefflea-broadband] Outage this morning

Andy Wynne awynne at ssclc.net
Wed Dec 14 14:26:25 GMT 2005

Colleagues,

As you will be aware, there was a loss of broadband service this morning
at 9:30 am. This was due to a failure of the 100 Mb Megastream Ethernet
connection between Sheffield (FirVale) and Leeds. BT switched the
service across the the old 34 Mb Metro connection at around 11:15 am,
and service was restored.

I have had reports from some sites that service was not restored at
11:15. if this was the case for your school/s, could you please email me
to let me know when it cam back? I will use the information in the
discussions I have with BT about this morning's events.

I can apologise for the inconvenience and disruption this incident has
created. You can be sure that I will leave BT in no doubt as to our view
of this failure and I will be seeking firm reassurances about the future
reliability of the service.

I am awaiting an explanation from BT as to what occurred, and I will
inform you when useful and detailed information is forthcoming.

Best regards,

Andy

=========
Andy Wynne