[sheffield-coops] Sheffield.Coop Ideas

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Sun Feb 10 16:52:32 GMT 2013

Hi

On Sun 10-Feb-2013 at 02:50:15PM +0000, Barney Harris wrote:

> I've been thinking about ways in which the sheffield.coops website
> could be used beneficially. I'm wondering about 'forum' style
> functionality (not idle chitter chatter though)... job opps, voluntary
> opps, sale of equipment, co-op house shares, co-op food buying opps
> etc.

There is the ability to post updates to co-op pages which could be used
for this, for example I just posted one here:

- http://sheffield.coop/webarchitects

What would make this more useful would be having a box on the front page
which displaying the updates also also the ability to browse all the
updates by date (an archive of updates).

Then to let people know about updates they could go out as a email (to
people with accounts who haven't opted out, or using a separate email
list?) and also as tweets.

> I guess a sheffield.coops Facebook page might work in this
> respect also.

Good idea.

All the best

Chris