[Sfcupdate] Dates for your diary - it's time to celebrate (nearly)....

celia ashman celiaashman at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 13:46:57 GMT 2014

Hi everyone
It's been an amazing year for student co-ops and we really need to celebrate. Find out where and when below...
SfC summer planning
& meet-up followed by Co-operatives Congress,
BirminghamFriday 27th + Saturday 28th JuneHosted by Birmingham Student Housing Co-operative

On Friday we will take
forward the ideas that came out of last year's conference to continue
discussions about what we want SfC to be and how it is going to work.
It's time to sort the basics so let's pool our ideas and start
getting proposals together for the next General Meeting; we're
talking governance, communication, staff, events, etc. In the afternoon everyone is invited to
the launch party for the Birmingham Student Housing Co-operative
(provided the purchase has gone through - fingers crossed!)

On Saturday it's Co-ops
Congress where co-operators from across the country get together to
set the agenda for the co-operative movement. We have ten free
places to attend this year's Congress so let's get our voices heard.
Further info on Co-ops
UK website but email contact at students.coop
if you want to book a place and if you need somewhere to stay over
Friday night.

If you can't make both,
just come for one. If you can't make either but have things to say,
use the emails lists to have your opinions included*

Weekend in Edinburgh

September-time

Hosted
by SHRUB & Edinburgh Student Housing Co-operative

A chance to check out the student co-op scene in Edinburgh including their awesome brank-spanking new housing co-op. We're looking into organising some training sessions for the weekend on how to be an awesome co-op member and helping yours run most effectively. And last but not least if you want to get involved in a people powered
caravan up to scotland cycle/hitch, email contact at students.coop to register interest. More details later.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hope to see you all there, now get back to your books...
Celia

*Email lists