[ptx] Bug report: Hugin and 16 bit images, and fulla

Pablo dAngelo Pablo.dAngelo at web.de
Thu May 11 22:01:17 BST 2006

Hi Daniel,

> Last night I was using Hugin to stitch a 360 1-row panorama (8
> photos) as I was trying to test PTmender in 16 bit mode.
>
> Hugin kept crashing on me when I was placing control points. I can't
> seem to reproduce it, it was very random (and very annoying).

Strange. Did you use some of the "auto" functions?

> I also found that sometimes Hugin does not write a script that correct
> corresponds to the parameters displayed in the stitch window (for
> instance, I specify high resolution TIFF, but the output format is JPG
> in the generated TXT.

Strange. Will try to reproduce after my wedding.

> BTW, 16 bit stitching seems to work just fine (except for the massive
> amount of memory required to post-process the photos, but that is not
> a panotools problem :)

Hmm, maybe it is possible to generate a PSD file with layer offsets from
the tiff files generated by nona with the CROP option? (Or write a macro to load
the files into separate layers?)
This should lead to massive savings during post processing.

> I also tried to use fulla. How does one specify the location of the
> PTlens database? Is there a document that describes how to use it
> vignetting removal feature?

Unfortunately there is no tutorial yet. A very concise description is in the nona.txt
file in the doc/ directory. There has also been some discussion about in on this list.