[ptx] hugin optimiser bugs

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Wed Mar 22 19:46:20 GMT 2006

Hi Bruno,

Bruno Postle schrieb:
> I've been trying to track down a bug I see occasionally where hugin
> refuses to apply optimiser results.  I couldn't reproduce it but I did
> find some other bugs ;-)
>
> If the output type is set to 'fisheye', hugin optimises the project and
> even reports on average errors - Though PTOptimizer doesn't seem to
> support fisheye panoramas.  Hugin apparently checks the status code, so
> I'm not sure why this doesn't work here.

If the PTOptimizer exits, hugin reports the current errors in the dialog.

> When using the internal optimiser, the pop-up results-window appears
> underneath the hugin window which makes it seem that nothing happened
> (wxGTK-2.6.2).  This doesn't happen with PTOptimizer.
>
> The internal optimiser always applies the results immediately, clicking
> 'cancel' has no effect.

I think the optimizer integration should be completely rewritten. Actually
almost all code to use libpano directly instead of calling PTOptimizer
externally is already there.

The only problem is the progress reporting of the internal panotools
functions, which cannot be customized and behaves completely differently on
windows than on the other platforms. I will probably submit a patch to allow
an application to supply a callback function to intercept the progress
reporting.