[ptx] Hugin architectural projection tutorial

Glenn Barry glennrbarry at optusnet.com.au
Sun Mar 12 07:40:38 GMT 2006

I'm on the list just keep pace with changes to Hugin and I'm not using
it at the moment so I can't give any specific advice regarding the program.

Quick answer, it's from such a low viewpoint don't try and correct the
convergence, it's an artistic choice I know, but from experience, if you
remove the convergence completely, the impression of height has gone also.

Horizontal lines are only actually horizontal if they are shot exactly
perpendicular, otherwise they go either up or down slightly depending on
where the vanishing points are.

If you don't have good values for this lens from other panoramas, see if
you can locate good starting values point A, B and C lens coefficients,
PTLens may help here.

Set one vertical control point set somewhere to the right of the doorway
where the exterior of the alcove goes from lit to shadow. Use just this
pair of vertical control points to correct the roll, if any. Make sur
you place these points as far away as possible to minimise any error.

Then choose rectilinear as the output type, optimise using the known
good A, B and C co-efficients and things should improve.

Glenn