[ptx] Re: [PanoTools-devel] branching libpano

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 26 22:10:41 BST 2006

 Max Lyons twisted the bytes to say:

 Max> But, as I indicated earlier, I'm happy to follow the majority decision.  it
 Max> sounds like branching seems to be the popular vote so far, although it isn't
 Max> clear to me if all the relevant stakeholders have commented.

 Max> Also how do we enforce that fixes made in one branch get made in the other
 Max> branch as well?  In an ideal world, I know that all contributers would make
 Max> changes in both branches when appropriate.  In practice, I fear that this may
 Max> not happen.  Is there a "merge czar" or someone else who will make this happen?

I think, Max, you represent the largest proportion of stakeholders for
the old pano12. You are probably the person that knows best what needs
and can be fixed in the pano12. I would say you are the natural person
to decide how pano12 evolves from this point on. I think that its main
goal is to support PTstitcher as it is today. I think your opinions are
probably the most important on the future of pano12. So yes, you are
the "pano12" czar.

I think each library will develop on its own way, but there might be
somethings that might migrate from one library to the other.

What do you think?

--
dmg