[ptx] Hugin crash on optimise step

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 19 23:37:24 BST 2006

 Bruno> On Mon 19-Jun-2006 at 21:55 +0100, mike watson wrote:
 >> Daniel M. German wrote:
 >> >
 >> > were you running PTstitcher?
 >> >
 >> No, nona.

 Bruno> Figured this out:

 Bruno> The problem is that somebody changed the Image struct in panorama.h
 Bruno> in libpano12 ;-)

Yes, I changed it. Max commented about it, I explained why, suggested
alternatives, but nobody has made any comment to my last message.

 Bruno> As we now know this breaks the (binary only) PTStitcher, it also
 Bruno> broke the hugin package I built a week ago, which was linked against
 Bruno> the old library.  The result was that optimisation crashed hugin.

 Bruno> The solution is to recompile hugin or roll-back to an earlier
 Bruno> library.  I'll put some new fedora binaries up, though i386 will
 Bruno> have to wait a few days.

 Bruno> If the pano12 changes are reworked to restore PTStitcher
 Bruno> compatibility, this will happen again.

I suggest we branch the library, into an "older and compatible pano12" one,
and a newer, better, version, pano13.

 Bruno> --
 Bruno> Bruno

--
Daniel M. German                  "I don't know if HAL is homicidal, suicidal,
   Dr. Floyd, in 2010 ->           neurotic, psychotic, or just plain broken."