[ptx] Hugin crash on optimise step

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Mon Jun 19 22:06:49 BST 2006

On Mon 19-Jun-2006 at 21:55 +0100, mike watson wrote:
> Daniel M. German wrote:
> >
> > were you running PTstitcher?
> >
> No, nona.

Figured this out:

The problem is that somebody changed the Image struct in panorama.h
in libpano12 ;-)

As we now know this breaks the (binary only) PTStitcher, it also
broke the hugin package I built a week ago, which was linked against
the old library.  The result was that optimisation crashed hugin.

The solution is to recompile hugin or roll-back to an earlier
library.  I'll put some new fedora binaries up, though i386 will
have to wait a few days.

If the pano12 changes are reworked to restore PTStitcher
compatibility, this will happen again.

--
Bruno