[ptx] 360deg Pano error? (CVS)

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Sat Jun 10 17:47:11 BST 2006

  Hi Bruno,

> I can now reproduce it consistently.  It isn't related to projection
> or output filetype, the trigger is output dimensions.
>
> Basically, if the image dimension is a multiple of 100, then
> approximately 1% on the right and/or bottom edge goes missing.

Wow, how did you find out that?  Impressive.

I can sort of confirm it - just that it is much more complicated.  I
tried dimensions increasing in steps of 5, from 2000 onwards.  for the
uneven values (5,15,25 etc) I get a black stripe of ~5 pixels.
For some even ones (10,20,50,70,80) I get a black stripe of ~10 pixels.
Some (30,60) have a tiny black rim of 1-2 pixels.  2040 and 2090 don't
have the black stripe at all.

If I start from 1000 instead of 2000 the 'good' values change, too:  I
get 'no rim' for 20 and 45.

This was for an input image size of 1200x1200 pixels.  Changing that
to 900x900 did not affect the outcome.

Maybe that helps to spot the error?

Cheers,

   Pit