[ptx] Processing RAW files for use in hugin

JD Smith jdsmith at as.arizona.edu
Mon Jul 31 19:26:26 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 11:53 +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:
> Attached is the current version of the shell script I use to process
> my camera RAW files.
>
> Basically, it creates a rotated deflate-compressed 16bit TIFF file
> that is gamma, tca and vignetting corrected.  I rotate it because I
> typically shoot portrait orientation.

I see you simply gamma-correct with gamma=2.2.  Most raw converters use
specialized per-camera (e.g. from the manufacturer), or effect-oriented
mapping curves, rather than a simple gamma correction.  Is this
something you do after stitching at 16bit, by hand or by using custom
mapping curves in the 16bit->8bit conversion?

Thanks,

JD