[ptx] lzw compression unavailable due to unisys patent enforcement

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Wed Jul 26 21:09:49 BST 2006

 Rich  twisted the bytes to say:

 >>> aieeeiaieeaa.
 >>> have i missed something ? at which point has this been disabled ? did
 >>> unisys approach hugin developers ?
 >>
 >> No, AFAIK, the patent has expired last year.  Are you using hugin
 >> on Windows or linux? The windows builds should support LZW. On
 >> linux it depends on how the libtiff package was compiled. For OSX,
 >> I don't know if its enabled in the Binary.

For those of us using fink, the latest version of libtiff in fink is
3.7.2 and it does not include LZW support. If you really want it
remove the libtiff from your system, download the latest version,
build and install, ideally in /sw/lib

but this might break fink dependencies.

dmg

--
Daniel M. German                  "To take photographs is to hold one's breath
                                   when all faculties converge