[ptx] Compiler versions and Hugin

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Fri Jul 7 22:38:16 BST 2006

Hi Peter,

Peter Gawthrop wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
>  In fact, libwx was not the main problem. Having followed your
>  instructions, using g++/gcc4.1, and extracting hugin to
>  ~/Development/Photo/hugin, I find that:
>
>  ~/Development/Photo/hugin/src/hugin/hugin
>
>  works fine
>
>   /usr/local/bin/hugin
>
>   comes up with the error reported earlier - even though I have done
>   sudo make install and diff reports that the files are identical.

Thanks for the comprehensive error report.

>   I can't understand why that should be -- can you?

Hmm, this happens if hugin doesn't find its data files. the data files
are located in the xrc directory, and this is searched in the current
directory, in the prefix specified during configure. If it is not found
there, hugin will try to read ~/.hugin and get the directory from there.

To manually specify the xrc directory open ~/.hugin and add the following
to the top of the file:
xrc_path=/my/install/prefix/share/hugin/xrc

However, it would be interesting to see why hugin fails to find the
directory on your machine. Can you post your
~/Development/Photo/hugin/config.h file?

Also, can you check where your installed version of hugin actually looks for
the xrc folder with:

strace hugin 2>&1 | grep xrc > t.log