[ptx] Compiler versions and Hugin

Peter Gawthrop peter at gawthrop.net
Sat Jul 1 20:06:17 BST 2006

I have (for the first time) had a go at compiling hugin from (today's)
cvs following Rob Park's instructions at

http://exolucere.ca/articles/compile-hugin-ubuntu

I run the unstable version of debian, updated yesterday.

I tried first with my default 4.1 versions of gcc/g++. No compilation
errors, but hugin fails:

peterg at barra:~$ hugin
Panorama obj created
Aborted

Following Rob's suggestion, I then tried version 3.3 of gcc/g++ which
gives:

hugin
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.6 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4),
and your program used 2.6 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 102,wx containers,compatible with 2.4).
Aborted

This is similar to the message reported by Rob, but with 102/1002
reversed and 2.5.3 replaced by 2.6 -- so I tried tried version 3.4 of gcc/g++. This gives:

peterg at barra:~$ hugin
Panorama obj created
Aborted

I suspect a compiler version mismatch, but not sure what to try, or
where to look, next.

 Thanks,

 Peter.

Peter Gawthrop