[ptx] none ignores d, e parameters

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Tue Feb 21 23:39:42 GMT 2006

Daniel M. German schrieb:

> I noticed the same behaviour I was debugging PTmender.

Did you notice any other different behaviour. I hope that was the only one,
except the different behaviour when cropping circular fisheye images.

Now the only remapping difference between PTStitcher/PTmender and nona is
when using the S parameter in the script files to describe cropping of
circular fisheye images.

I believe this is a bug in pano12.dll.

the PTStitcher documentation explains that S is used to select an area in
the input image, while C crops the input image, and applies all parameters
(HFOV, etc) to the cropped area.

However, for almost circular fisheye images (8 mm fisheye on 1.6 crop
camera), it doesn't matter, PTStitcher will always assume C, even if S is
specified.

Since PTOptimizer seems to ignore S and C, and uses the input image width
for hfov calculation, the estimated parameters will be wrong when used with
PTStitcher/PTmender.

Actually one or two years ago, libpano12 didn't support cropping circles
that reach outside the source image, but somebody added a patch to support
it. Maybe things got broken by it. Its strange that nobody ever noticed it.