[ptx] Adobe DNG format SDK

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Mon Apr 24 21:23:19 BST 2006

On Mon 24-Apr-2006 at 13:01 -0700, Daniel M. German wrote:

> the only reason why I think this would be a good idea is to be able to
> "link" the RAW/DNG files, so there is no need to create 16 bit tiffs
> before they are processed by Hugin/panotools.

> the problem, of course, is that this processing is not simple. It will
> involve setting parameters: exposure, colour banace, contrast, and the
> like, that are well beyond the purpose of hugin.

Yes, I can see that there is no need currently to open RAW files in
hugin.

What I haven't managed to figure-out is a reasonable set of steps to
get data from the camera, convert into a floating-point HDR format,
process in hugin and convert from HDR to something viewable.

Apparently 16bit integer data isn't considered 'HDR', most
applications that manipulate 16bit files just treat them as finer
grained versions of 8bit data - These tools will generally do the
wrong thing with the 16bit linear data as produced by dcraw (as they
would with linear 8bit data).

--
Bruno