[ptx] Adobe DNG format SDK

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Apr 24 21:01:38 BST 2006

the only reason why I think this would be a good idea is to be able to
"link" the RAW/DNG files, so there is no need to create 16 bit tiffs
before they are processed by Hugin/panotools.

the problem, of course, is that this processing is not simple. It will
involve setting parameters: exposure, colour banace, contrast, and the
like, that are well beyond the purpose of hugin.

Also, some people will always prefer to use more traditional tools to
do the processing (Adobe Bridge or Apple Aperture, for example).

dmg

 Bruno Postle twisted the bytes to say:

 Bruno> On Mon 24-Apr-2006 at 21:03 +0200, Philipp Krückel wrote:

 >> in case you have not seen this. Adobe has made the spec for their DNG
 >> raw camera file format available for download.

 Bruno> I believe that dcraw and ufraw already support reading DNG.

 Bruno> An interesting project I found recently is libopenraw, an attempt to
 Bruno> make a linkable library from dcraw:

 Bruno> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2flibopenraw

 Bruno> --
 Bruno> Bruno

--
Daniel M. German                  "Beware of bugs in the above code;
                                   I have only proved it