[ptx] BUilding hugin under OS X 10.3: no success (yet)

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Thu Apr 20 07:38:56 BST 2006

 Bruno Postle twisted the bytes to say:

 Bruno> Daniel M. German wrote:

 >> But I have finally hit a wall. The compiler I have is gcc 3.3. But
 >> boost hits a bug in the compiler:

 Bruno> Does your system have both gcc3 and gcc4?  On the (even older) OS X
 Bruno> box I used to compile hugin originally, you switched using the
 Bruno> "gcc_select" tool.

Hi Bruno,

I installed gcc 4.0 based on your suggestion.

gcc_select is not aware of the fink installed gcc, so it can't be used
for that. BUt I found a workaround: define CC and CXX before doing
./configure.

dmg

--
Daniel M. German                  "Nothing exists except atoms and empty
   Democritos ->                   space; everything else is opinion."