[ptx] Problems with boost and OS X 10.3

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Apr 20 00:21:59 BST 2006

Daniel M. German schrieb:
> I am getting the following error:
>
> In file included from /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector.hpp:24,
>                  from ../../src/include/vigra_ext/VigQuotientEstimator.h:9,
>                  from VigCorrDialog.cpp:38:
> /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector_expression.hpp:1924: error: due to a
>    defect in the G++ 3.2 ABI, G++ has assigned the same mangled name to two
>    different types
> In file included from /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp:23,
>                  from /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/triangular.hpp:22,
>                  from ../../src/include/vigra_ext/VigQuotientEstimator.h:12,
>                  from VigCorrDialog.cpp:38:
>

> I am using the Apple update for gcc from Nov 2004.
>
> Back in January I was able to compile hugin with the same tools. I
> looked at my build in that machine and boost was optional. It does not
> seem to be optional any more.
>
> Is there still a way to disable boost? I have tried boost 1.31 and
> 1.32 and the error remains (from versions are installed using fink). I
> tried to compile 1.33 but I get several compilation errors.

I have removed the dependancy on the ublas library (code just checked into
the cvs). This should avoid the compiler error you reported above

Boost is still required for multithreading (lib) and graphs (headers only),
but version 1.31 or 1.32 should work fine.

> I guess these might be some of the reasons that hugin is not first
> class citizen under OS X :)

I hope it will become one in the future. :)