[ptx] Problems with boost and OS X 10.3

dmg dmgerman at uvic.ca
Wed Apr 19 06:59:15 BST 2006

I am getting the following error:

In file included from /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector.hpp:24,
                 from ../../src/include/vigra_ext/VigQuotientEstimator.h:9,
                 from VigCorrDialog.cpp:38:
/sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/vector_expression.hpp:1924: error: due to a
   defect in the G++ 3.2 ABI, G++ has assigned the same mangled name to two
   different types
In file included from /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp:23,
                 from /sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/triangular.hpp:22,
                 from ../../src/include/vigra_ext/VigQuotientEstimator.h:12,
                 from VigCorrDialog.cpp:38:

I am using the Apple update for gcc from Nov 2004.

Back in January I was able to compile hugin with the same tools. I
looked at my build in that machine and boost was optional. It does not
seem to be optional any more.

Is there still a way to disable boost? I have tried boost 1.31 and
1.32 and the error remains (from versions are installed using fink). I
tried to compile 1.33 but I get several compilation errors.

I guess these might be some of the reasons that hugin is not first
class citizen under OS X :)

daniel

--
Daniel M. German                  "My friends would think I was a nut,
                                   turning water into wine,