[ptx] BUilding hugin under OS X 10.3: no success (yet)

dmg dmgerman at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 18 07:58:54 BST 2006

I have spent slightly more than 2 hrs tying to build hugin under OS
X: installing dependencies, setting compilation flags, etc. It is
quite a pain.

But I have finally hit a wall. The compiler I have is gcc 3.3. But
boost hits a bug in the compiler:

/sw/include/boost/numeric/ublas/matrix_expression.hpp:5156: error: due to a
   defect in the G++ 3.2 ABI, G++ has assigned the same mangled name to two
   different types
make[1]: *** [VigCorrDialog.o] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I am supposed to upgrade the compiler, but XCode 1.5 is no longer
available in the Apple web site (at least I could not find it :( I am
not sure how to upgrade the compiler otherwise.

I am going to call it a day. If anybody has any idea, I'd appreciate
it.

dmg

--
Daniel M. German                  "Programming today is a race
                                   between software engineers