[ptx] Hugin under OS X problems

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Mon Apr 17 13:27:23 BST 2006

Daniel,

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend an article or tutorial on the math of
panorama tools.  Perhaps someone else on the list can do that.

I agree, http://www.dojoe.net/tutorials/linear-pano/ is an excellent
tutorial for what you're doing.

Keep working on the pano.  You might get some better idea what's going
on by starting with a small problem, just two or three pictures, then
working up.

I will be out of touch for a week or so.  Best regards in the meantime.

--Rik

PS. I don't understand your comment that "If I shot it all from one
point the edges would have been too small".  If the subject is planar,
the projection is rectilinear, and the center of the pano is at the
closest point of the subject, then the subject geometry will be
preserved.  More like "restored", actually, since what the rendering
will actually do is take parts of the subject that were shrunk by
perspective, and blow them back up to match the center.