[ptx] Hugin under OS X problems

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Mon Apr 17 05:52:31 BST 2006

Daniel M. German wrote:
> The panorama is a facade of building, and I walked parallel to the
> building for each photo. So I want to use x,y shift (d,e).

This is not the way to implement an orthographic panorama.  The general
case for panorama stitching is to NOT move between each shot, but to
collect the whole scene from ONE position.  An ortho panorama can still
be done, but it's not by the use of D and E parameters in Hugin.  D and
E describe the offset from the center of the frame to the center of the
optic curvature, which is usually pretty good in most cameras but can be
wrong a bit when you scan film.

To do an orthographic panorama as you discuss, where you move the camera
along the scene, there are a few threads you might find on Max Lyons'
tawbaware forums.

Here is ONE thread to get you started, but there are many if you search.

http://www.tawbaware.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=962&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]