[ptx] Projections (was Alternative fisheye projections)

pablo.dangelo at informatik.uni-ulm.de pablo.dangelo at informatik.uni-ulm.de
Sun Apr 16 20:04:34 BST 2006

Zitat von Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net>:

> On Fri 07-Apr-2006 at 00:22 +0200, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> >
> > Here is a patch that adds the mercator projection to libpano12.
> > just use f4 in the p line use it.
>
> > Are there any other interesting projections that should be included in
> > panotools?
>
> Yes, stereographic!
>
> http://www.bruno.postle.net/neatstuff/fisheye-to-stereographic/
>
> For print/display purposes, I would almost always prefer
> stereographic to normal fisheye projection.

I have an experimental patch for panotools that adds support for mercator,
transverse mercator, stereographic and sinusoidal projection. It currently has
some minor bugs with hfov calcuation and inverse transformation on
stereographic and transverse mercator, but once these are fixed I'll post the
patch.