[ptx] Projections (was Alternative fisheye projections)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sat Apr 8 07:43:43 BST 2006

Erik Krause wrote:

> Am Friday, April 07, 2006 um 0:22 schrieb Pablo d'Angelo:
>

>>Are there any other interesting projections that should be included in
>>panotools?
>

> Perhaps sinusoidal as displayed by DevalVR?

I remember that I once saw that DevalVR uses the "spicky" type of sinusoidal
projection. To me, the sinusoidal as given on
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SinusoidalProjection.html looks more
favourable, since the interpolation code is probably a lot simpler.
Interpolating around the black areas between the spikes projections sounds
non trivial.

Btw. Is are there any plans for a linux version of DevalVR? There is no
native useable QTVR for platforms other than Windows and Mac available.
Since basically the viewer is free, why not opensource it?