[ptx] Crashes on Intel Mac

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Fri Apr 14 01:32:09 BST 2006

Hi Ian,

Ian Wood wrote:
> Here's one for Ippei!
>
> I've been testing the UB builds of Hugin and Nona on an Intel MacBook
> Pro and finding a few problems. :-(
>
> Hugin:
> Optimising throws up a progress window for a second or so, before it
> closes again, with no results. Console reports that PTOptimiser  crashed
> and  "crash report written to: /Users/home/Library/Logs/
> CrashReporter/PTOptimizer.crash.log" but the file isn't written.

> Stitching causes Hugin to crash, crash log is at <http://
> www.azurevision.co.uk/temp/HuginOSX.crash.log>.
>
> nona_gui crashes without writing to it's log (like PTOptimiser). Nona
> from PTMac crashes but actually writes to it's crash log: <http://
> www.azurevision.co.uk/temp/nona.crash.log>

Strange, hugin works fairly well on the other intel machines, and nona
doesn't use any gui at all, its a pure console mode application. I think it
might be related to the UB build.

Ippei, if you make a new snapshot to test the UB build, can you use the
current CVS? Probably it hasn't been tested on OSX since 0.5, and should fix
the optimizer crash some people have experienced on OSX. I'd like to release
hugin 0.6 after adding some more output projections to hugin.