[ptx] PTmender, and update

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Apr 10 07:15:40 BST 2006

 Pablo d'Angelo twisted the bytes to say:

 Pablo> Daniel M. German schrieb:
 >> Does anybody have a simple (but stable) algorithm to alpha blend two
 >> 8 bit-per color pixels? Or point me to a place where I can find it?
 >> I am trying to generate JPEGs with PTmender and this is one of the
 >> last steps missing.

 Pablo> I don't know how about the blending itself. For seam generation as done by
 Pablo> nona, I have used the nearest feature transform as implemented in enblend.
 Pablo> However, this doesn't give you a feathered mask, just the boundary.
 Pablo> But I guess a feather mask could be creating by extending the algorithm,
 Pablo> since it basically calculates a distance of the seam from the border of the
 Pablo> overlap. This distance could probably be also reused for calculating the
 Pablo> alpha values along the seam.

Thanks Pablo. One thing I have not done yet is the feathering. I'll
take a look at nona to see how it is being performed.

Today I finished TIFF flattening and JPEG/PNG generation. I'll upload
the changes tomorrow.

Could anybody explain me what are the following output formats:

WTVR
PAN
IVR
IVR_java
VRML

They are not supported (yet), and I am not sure if I should implement
them.

So far the following has been implemented:

TIFF
TIFF_m
PSD_m (restricted to 8 bit)
TIFF_mask (8 bit)
PSD_mask (restricted 8 bit)
JPEG (8 bit)
PSD (restricted to 8bits)
PNG (8 bit)

I haven't really tested 16-bit TIFF. Once I have implemented
feathering that is my next goal.

16 bit PSD  seems to be out of the question. We need some legal
agreements with Adobe and that complicates matters.

--
Daniel M. German                  "My friends would think I was a nut,
                                   turning water into wine,