[ptx] re: resolution/size of panoramas

paul vincent farrell paviworld at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 17:30:50 BST 2005

Bruno wrote:
The 'Calculate Optimal Size' button on the 'Stitcher'
tab should
resize the final panorama dimensions appropriately.

I've experimented with this one but can't work it out
- I wonder what the "size reduction for autopano-sift"
box in sift-helper actually does - if I start with 4
images (say) 3000x2000 and use the default of 1600
here, am I reducing the panorama size from the
expected 3000x8000 down to 1600 (i.e. losing a lot of
image data), and then later in Hugin if I choose
"calculate optimal size" or manually enter 8000, am I
then only interpolating to a larger size?