[ptx] multiple tiffs + compression

Michal Bulik michal.bulik at free.fr
Sat Sep 24 12:47:58 BST 2005

hi,

I've just compiled hugine-rc2 on a Debian stable Linux system
and it works quite smoothly. I have a question concerning
the multiple TIFFs generation option. It seems to me that
previous versions of hugin generated by default compressed
TIFFs and that the rc2 creates uncompressed ones. For me it's
a problem because I try to stitch 10 images into a more that 100
Mpixels one and it starts to take a lot of disk place.

By looking into the code I've found that I can change the compression
flag from NONE to LZW or DEFLATE in the .pto file by hand, but I
don't think many users will try to do that. Don't you it might be
useful to create by default compressed TIFF files and/or add access
to TIFF compression options in the GUI ?

best regards, michal