[ptx] Re: [PanoTools] call for developers - HDR

manouchk manouchk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:09:06 BST 2005

Le Mercredi 19 Octobre 2005 09:40, Bruno Postle a écrit :
> On Sun 02-Oct-2005 at 15:13 +0200, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> > Erik Krause schrieb:
> > > Apparently Hugin and Nona work with 32 bit floating point HDR
> > > files.  Since HDR merging has reached the mainstream with it's
> > > integration in photoshop there will be an increased need for
> > > tone mapping plugins or applications.
> >
> > There is a collection of command line tool for hdr image
> > processing, it is called pfs tools. Its basically netpbm but for
> > hdr images/video sequences. It also contains a nice viewer for hdr
> > images, called pfsview
> >
> > http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/pfstools/
> >
> > A number of tonemapping algorithms (7 to be precise) are already
> > implemented in the sister package pfstmo:
> >
> > http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/tmo/
>
> Another interesting part of the pfs project is "pfscalibration":
>
>   http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/hdr/calibration/pfs.html
>   http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/hdr/calibration/
>
> This is a tool for taking a series of bracketed shots and assembling
> them into a single high dynamic range image.  It even reads EXIF
> data to determine the relative exposures so you don't have to enter
> it manually.
>
> I haven't had much time to play with this stuff, but have built
> packages of everything for fedora linux:
>

> http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/apt/fedora/linux/4/i386/RPMS.panoram
>a/
>
> Sorry, no windows binaries (though it shouldn't be too hard to make
> some with MinGW for somebody with a bit of experience).

thank you for the SRPMS! I modified RPM them for mandriva 2005 LE :
http://emmanuelfavrenicolin.free.fr/Public/Ordinateur/Mandriva/MDV2005LE/index.php
(sorry it is in French, I don't know how to make multilanguages web page)
You can install all rpm using urpmi :
urpmi.addmedia photo_favre\
http://emmanuelfavrenicolin.free.fr/Public/Ordinateur/Mandriva/MDV2005LE/RPMS\
with hdlist.cz

and RPMS/SRPMS are there :
http://emmanuelfavrenicolin.free.fr/Public/Ordinateur/Mandriva/MDV2005LE/RPMS/
http://emmanuelfavrenicolin.free.fr/Public/Ordinateur/Mandriva/MDV2005LE/SRPMS/

for psftools I had to had some dependencies for mandriva :
BuildRequires: libblas3-devel lapack-devel octave OpenEXR-devel netpbm-devel
libtiff-devel libqt3
-devel libhdf5_0 libfftw3-devel gcc-g77
Requires: octave libblas3 lapack OpenEXR netpbm libtiff qt

samr thing for psfcalibration :
BuildRequires: pfstools libqt3-devel
Requires: qt pfstools jhead

for psftmo :
BuildRequires: pfstools libfftw3-devel
Requires: pfstools libfftw3

I did try psfcalibration example and it works
http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/hdr/calibration/pfs.html

but I cannot produce a good Tone mapped jpeg output of the example, didn't
find good parameters!

I tried

pfsin  sample.exr | pfstmo_drago03 -b 0.99 | pfsgamma -g 1 | pfsout\
sample.jpeg
pfsin  sample.exr | pfstmo_reinhard02 -s | pfsgamma -g 1 | pfsout sample.jpeg
pfsin  sample.exr | pfstmo_ashikhmin02 -l 0.7 | pfsgamma -g 1 | pfsout\
sample.jpeg

hope it is not to much out of the scope of the mailing list, anyway I though
some mandriva user may be interested in testing experimental rpm of pfs
stuff!