[ptx] Re: [PanoTools] call for developers - HDR

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Wed Oct 19 12:40:45 BST 2005

On Sun 02-Oct-2005 at 15:13 +0200, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> Erik Krause schrieb:
> >
> > Apparently Hugin and Nona work with 32 bit floating point HDR
> > files.  Since HDR merging has reached the mainstream with it's
> > integration in photoshop there will be an increased need for
> > tone mapping plugins or applications.

> There is a collection of command line tool for hdr image
> processing, it is called pfs tools. Its basically netpbm but for
> hdr images/video sequences. It also contains a nice viewer for hdr
> images, called pfsview
>
> http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/pfstools/
>
> A number of tonemapping algorithms (7 to be precise) are already
> implemented in the sister package pfstmo:
>
> http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/tmo/

Another interesting part of the pfs project is "pfscalibration":

  http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/hdr/calibration/pfs.html
  http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/hdr/calibration/

This is a tool for taking a series of bracketed shots and assembling
them into a single high dynamic range image.  It even reads EXIF
data to determine the relative exposures so you don't have to enter
it manually.

I haven't had much time to play with this stuff, but have built
packages of everything for fedora linux:

  http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/apt/fedora/linux/4/i386/RPMS.panorama/

Sorry, no windows binaries (though it shouldn't be too hard to make
some with MinGW for somebody with a bit of experience).

--
Bruno