[ptx] Re: New XRC files for Stitcher Panel

Carl von Einem einem at gmx.de
Tue May 31 07:46:19 BST 2005

Hi Ippei,

> - As the maintainer of hugin on mac, I'd like to ask you to at least
 > imagine how it would look like on Mac. I know we have to compromise
 > somewhere, but I don't want to see something does not fit on mac at
 > all. Good reference:
> <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGLayout/chapter_19_section_4.html>
>
> - Please remember hugin's main window should be displayed at least at
 > 600x800, typically at 1024x768 or more. Every mock-up and xrc demo
 > seems using the smaller area than the original layout, which could
 > mean the layout become unbalanced with big window leaving big empty
 > space.

thanks for the  OSX Human Interface Guidelines link!

600x800 on a Mac that is able to stitch images? That must be an iPod ;-)
Even my old 7500/100 has more onboard VRAM but I won't try to install
OSX on it: http://www.apple-history.com -> 1995

I guess my 867 MHz G4 (2001 "Quicksilver") is more of a bottom line
configuration for something that heavily deals with images, isn't it?
Better take a Mac mini or an eMac as an example for the minimum
requirements.

The "iMac (Summer 2000)" has 350 MHz and can hold up to 1 GB RAM.
Video Card: ATI RAGE 128 Pro
VRAM: 8 MB SGRAM
Maximum Resolution: 24 bit 1024x768

Luca, do you have something like that available at your University?
It'll be fun to try stitching with such a machine at the Venice meeting,
maybe photos from someone's cell phone :-)

Carl