[ptx] [ hugin-Bugs-1211280 ] Problems with Memory Management

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon May 30 12:27:09 BST 2005

Bugs item #1211280, was opened at 2005-05-30 04:27
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=550441&aid=1211280&group_id=77506

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm using hugin on Windows 98SE.

Version 0.5 beta 3 of hugin was quite stable. I only
got some crashes while setting control points.

But version 0.5 rc 1 is really difficult to handle. I
noticed the following bugs:
- Maybe there is a bug in the memory management.
Version 0.5rc1 gets unstable after a short time of
working with it. As a result of this buttons and menus
suddenly disappear or nothing happens after clicking on
them. A restart of hugin does not help. The only way to
get the operating system stable is to reboot Windows 98SE.
- There is an error displayed after executing autopano
"PT::getPTStringParam(): could not find string param ...".
- If you create multiple TIFFs and the path to the
output directory contains a dot (.), then the filenames
are not set correctly (_PT_Stitcher_tmp_*). For details
refer to
http://www.email-lists.org/pipermail/ptx/2004-May/001674.html
.

Due to this bugs I deinstalled 0.5rc1 and reinstalled
0.5beta3. I hope that the next version will be more
stable again ...