[ptx] hugin or PTStitcher doesn't move tmp-files into given Tifffilename

Ian Sydenham ian_sydenham at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 23:05:14 BST 2004

Mike Runge wrote:

 > Whenever I tried to stitch a new pano (Tiff or Multiple Tiff Output)
 > everything works fine exept renaming the temporary created tiff-files.
 > So in the end I always had to rename _PTStitcher_tmp_3 into e.g.
 > test.tif.

and later

 > [...] to find out if it is a PTStitcher or hugin problem (I guess it's
 > PTStitcher).

I have recreated the problem you describe using Hugin by trying to create a
multiple tiff file in a directory where the filename contains a "." eg in
my case "C:\Program Files\autopano-sift-1.3\tmp".
Renaming the folder to something without the "." fixes the problem and
creates the multiple tiff files correctly.

Strangely the bug does not happen if PTStitcher.exe is called directly from
the command line so it must have something to do with the way Hugin calls
PTStitcher.exe

regards,
Ian Sydenham